Tuesday 15 September 2015

Which Termite Treatment is the Best?

I was looking for termite treatment to get rid of those dreaded pests inhabiting my house. I came across various treatment methods like termiticides, baits and fumigation. The methods vary a lot – applying liquid termiticide all around the house to burying baits at regular intervals – which left me quite confused about which one to choose.

Alternatively I decided to approach a professional for advice and asked some friends for references. Some homeowners suggested Tactical Pest and Termite Control as the best pest control Waxhaw, North Carolina provider.

I requested the company to provide a free quote and a technician arrived promptly to examine my infested property. When I casually broached him about the best termite treatment, he unhesitatingly told me that the ‘best treatment’ varies depending on the condition of the house, types of termites and the level of infestation!

The professional went on to explain that termiticides were quick and efficient, but the efficacy depended on the exterior structures. Too many manholes or landscaping can cause a problem, especially in the case of repellant termiticides. At times, extensive drilling is not possible or presence of wells may also impede the application of termiticides.

He further told me that baits were the latest control treatment and proved extremely effective. But it takes considerable time for the termites to find and feed on the chemically-treated baits.

The technician carefully inspected my house before suggesting a non-repellant termiticide treatment as the best approach. I also realized that the treatments work very differently and the decision is best left to the experts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment